Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May update

This month I have to do some home renovations, but first I feel like organizing the mess that is my iTunes libraries (plural). While I am loading CD's I can start dealing with the mounds of paper surrounding the computer. Ahh, computers were supposed to eliminate the paper mess. I guess it reflects the cluttered brain in my skull. It seems almost superfluous to bother with the iTunes matching service since Spotify is so great at supplying music on demand. I guess I just want iTunes to organize what music I have so I can make better sense of it. One thing I like is creating a playlist in iTunes based on comments I have made, such as instrumentation or subgenres. These playlists are then exportable to a few third-party programs which do a pretty good job of making Spotify playlists. A bit easier than doing it all manually. Then you can scrobble it all to Last.fm. That is one way to share your music listening habits outside of Facebook, and discovering other people's habits, though you can see that within the Spotify app as well. More than one way to cook an egg, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment